Bring your talents to [Register to View] to help revolutionize the Teaching profession.
Your work will have a critical impact in improving life opportunities for all students, by inspiring and supporting talented individuals to consider and enter the teaching profession.
As the Senior Developer, you will lead the development and maintenance of several [Register to View] flagship websites and technical integrations.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be part of a small, close-knit team that is incredibly technical, agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. You’ll help analyze prospect behavior, propose innovative ideas and solutions, implement big things, and then measure the results. Engineers on our team love to break things to see how they work, iterate and fail fast, improve on what works, discard what doesn't, and learn from both. And we love to have fun!
This role reports directly to the Head of Product, and will give you opportunities to learn and grow in all facets of building a world-class digital product that attracts, engages, and cultivates millions of users to consider and pursue the teaching profession.
- Architects technical solutions and provides feedback on requirements by identifying constraints and opportunities
- Collaborates with Head of Product on priorities and consulting on long-term infrastructure and product vision
- Reviews code and champions code standards/best practices
- Reviews build specifications and documentation
- Manages a team of front end, back end and QA engineers, contractors and vendors to accomplish organizational goals
- Champions conceptual integrity, and defines code standards and best practices
- Works with team members and agencies to design systems, code, and test new dynamic site features/functionality
- Contributes ideas and execution strategies for new projects and site features; develops and codes new site and site support features
- Provides input on User Experience, User Interface and integrated digital marketing approaches
- Reviews and understands security and usability best practices. Has performed accessibility audits, understands how to mitigate vulnerabilities, and understands QA best practices
- Understand project management processes and the ability to create development tasks from user stories
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience working with agile technology, marketing, and design teams
- 5 - 10 years of experience managing OR leading an agile team of engineers or developers (front end and/or back end).
- A history of jumping in, problem solving, and operating with a startup mentality
- 3-7 years of experience in web development, including experience in Drupal (PHP) and advanced custom module development
- Experience with decoupled web applications, RESTful services and APIs, front end MVCs such as React, Angular and Vue, and backend platforms such as NextJS and Laravel
- Firm knowledge of revision control systems Git, branching, and conflict resolution
- Experience developing Automated functional regression tests, unit tests, and with Behavior Driven Development
- Candidates must have an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability; Experience with developing performance optimization solutions via Client side optimization, Server side optimization, Caching, and Performance load testing, and troubleshooting via performance monitoring tools is a plus)
- Experience with devops processes and tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket/Stash, JIRA, shell scripts, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, NPM, Bower or equivalents
- A strong passion for usability, workflows, system architecture and development best practices across desktop and mobile platforms, as well as a passion for creating beautiful and functional web pages
- Integrating, analyzing and making recommendations via Google analytics, Google Tag Manager, and A/B Testing
- Bonus: Experience working with CRMs (Salesforce and Hubspot preferred), and integrating innovative Marketing Automation tools
- This role is a management role:
50 - 75% people management & coordination
25 - 50% individual contributor
- Full-time preferred, but Part-time (20- hours+) would be acceptable.
- Must be available in U.S. time zones
Fit with TEACH culture
- Values DEI and/or has experience with DEI initiatives
- Displays TEACH core values
- Understands and embraces features of early-stage organizations, can be scrappy, willing to build teams/systems from ground up
- Passion for the mission of providing tools and services to education agencies to raise image of the teaching profession, reduce teacher shortage, and improve the quality and diversity of new teacher supply
At TEACH, we value all employees and job candidates as unique individuals, and we welcome the variety of experiences they bring to our organization. As such, we prohibit unlawful discrimination and believe everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, native language, religion, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year