Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We’re seeking for a technical lead for our Privacy Engineering team here at Pinterest! In this role, you will help lead the function in following through on a multi-year privacy-first roadmap. You will act as the technical voice in all privacy decisions and discussions across the company. You will own and drive the technical direction of the team through the design of algorithms and development of next-generation privacy technologies that impact how we collect, use, store and share user data. You’ll work cross-functionally and touch on all stages of the data lifecycle
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with other leaders in the company (legal, security, engineering, product) to ensure products are designed with privacy in mind. Play a key role in driving cross functional privacy reviews of products and features
- Define and articulate a clear vision for privacy, and influence leaders across all of Pinterest to adopt a balanced view of product and privacy goals in overall decision-making
- Provide technical leadership to the team in designing and implementing algorithms and solutions to help enforce privacy practices with consistency and efficiency, at scale
- Help recruit, hire and mentor privacy engineers, of various levels of experience to build a high-performing team
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in privacy engineering including 3+ years of hands on technical leadership of high performing engineers
- Experience building relationships and influencing stakeholders across multiple disciplines
- Experience communicating highly technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Strong software development knowledge and skills in Python, Go or Java
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.