Engineering Manager, Analytics Platform
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
As the manager for the analytics platform team at Pinterest, you'll work with a team of talented engineers on building innovative web applications that empowers the rest of the company to derive and visualize data insights for product decisions and machine learning. Querybook is an example of such solutions, which was recently open sourced by the team. You will also lead a team of talented engineers to design and develop a developer platform that enables Pinterest employees to build and deploy internal web applications quickly.
What you’ll do:
- You'll provide a vision to the team, drive technical excellence and partner with key stakeholders to prioritize the team's products’ roadmaps.
- Prioritize and allocate project work to your team of engineers
- Be responsible for predictable delivery of high impact projects
- Help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- Understand future technical needs for products and craft plans to realize them
- Provide visibility into the team's impact to senior leadership
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Experience being on a platform team - building tools and frameworks for other developers, having developers be the primary customer
- Ability to operate in rapid-paced environments and have experience building web systems at scale
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.