Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Within the Ads Quality team, we try to connect the dots between the aspirations of Pinners and the products offered by our partners. In this role, you will lead a team of engineers that is responsible for monetizing our Shopping and Creator surfaces. Using your strong analytical skill sets, a thorough understanding of auction mechanisms, and experience in managing an engineering team, you will advance the state of the art in Marketplace design and yield management.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of engineers with a background in ML, backend development, economics, and data science to:
- Monetize new surfaces effectively and responsibly
- Interface with our Product and Organic teams to understand requirements and build solutions that cater to our advertisers and users
- Build models to enable scalable solutions for ad allocation, eligibility and pricing on the new surfaces
- Hold a high standard for engineering excellence by building robust and future proof systems with an appreciation for simplicity and elegance
- Identify gaps and opportunities as we expand and execute on closing those gaps effectively and in a timely manner
- Work closely with Product on planning roadmap, set technical direction and deliver values
- Coach and mentor team members and help them develop their career path and achieve their career goals
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- 1-2 years of experience leading projects/teams either as TL,TLM, or EM
- Background in computational advertising, econometrics, shopping
- Strong industry experience in machine learning
- Experience with ads domain is a big plus
- Cross-functional collaborator and strong communicator
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.