Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing online advertising platforms and our continued success depends on rapidly scaling our core revenue-generating systems. Specifically, we need 10X the scale of our ad delivery platforms, while enabling developers inside Pinterest and external advertisers/merchants to build and iterate rapidly on new features. You’ll lead a team that is responsible for building the next-generation ads delivery funnel infrastructure to empower Pinterest ads business, because every dollar Pinterest earns flows through this ads funnel. You will work closely with ads quality and product stakeholders to enable innovations of Pinterest ads delivery products at scale.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with PMs and stakeholders across the organization to architect ads funnel infrastructure solutions to unlock Pinterest ads product innovations.
- Grow a fast growing engineering organization with managers and senior ICs, setting the technical vision, guiding the day-to-day execution, as well as fostering good team health and culture.
- Lead the team to build the next-generation Pinterest Ads delivery funnel infrastructure, such as query expansion, retrieval, ranking, mixer, auction, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of management experience, with experience managing managers.
- 10+ years of industry experience in large-scale distributed systems, relational and non-relational datastores, and system programming.
- Strong cross-functional collaborator and communicator.
- Experience in building and owning critical user-facing product backend systems, solving scalability, reliability, and performance problems in high-volume low-latency distributed systems.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.