Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing online advertising platforms whose continued success depends on the evolution of core Ads ML models to up-level ads performance and user experience. Ads ML backbone systems are the cornerstone of enabling cutting edge models being trained, served and managed on massive amounts of data, in an efficient, scalable and reliable manner.
We are looking for an engineering manager to lead this mission critical ads infrastructure team. You will have the opportunity to work with a group of talented ML Infra engineers and own the ads model serving, training, ML data and ML feature transformation pipelines of ads models which are responsible for generating more than 50% of entire Pinterest revenue.
What you’ll do:
- Hire great engineers to build a world-class product & ML infra team.
- Support engineers in career development by providing feedback and create growth plans for next-gen ML infra engineering leaders.
- Establish high-standard principles and processes to build a high performance team culture.
- Work with x-org stakeholders to forge the long-term roadmap of Pinterest ML ecosystem and support ads quality teams to produce core ad delivery models.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in managing, hiring and developing software engineering teams.
- Experience in leading engineers on x-team collaboration to deliver high impact projects.
- Experience with large-scale distributed web services and the processes around testing, monitoring, and SLAs to ensure high reliability and scalability.
- Experience in developing or designing real-world ML or ML infrastructure systems.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.