Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
People use Pinterest to find ideas and brands that they love. We aspire to help our advertisers and partners reach their audiences with inspiring content. We’re looking for a talented engineering manager to join our FIFO (funds in, funds out) team. You’ll be joining a growing team tasked with focusing on emerging Payments use cases for both Shoppers and Creators.. The ideal candidate should have experience building backend systems and data pipelines, be driven to become an expert in their domain, have some knowledge of billing and payments systems, and have a passion for leadership.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to architect solutions to better serve the growing number of Pinterest merchants, shoppers, and content creators
- Provide technical and team leadership on rapid short-term projects/feature development as well as longer-term development of new services
- Partner with product management to set engineering priorities, estimate scope of work, define release schedules, and track progress
- Actively foster high-quality software development through code reviews, pair-programming, and targeted feature development and when needed to unblock the team, prototype new technologies and systems, or demonstrate good coding practices
- Mentor and develop engineers at various levels of seniority
- Enable and enhance production readiness of the broader ads manager ecosystem
- Grow the team in your first year of employment by hiring great people
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience as an engineering manager
- 5+ years of software engineering experience as a hands on backend engineer
- Track record of developing high quality software in an automated build and deployment environment
- Experience leading a team of engineers through a significant feature or product launch in collaboration with Product and Design.
- Experience with writing Python or Java code
- Well versed in agile development methodologies
- Experience with payments tech a big plus
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.