You'll play a key role as an early member of Brick's engineering team, helping to build both product and engineering team practice and culture. This is currently an individual contributor role with the opportunity for growth.
This is a fully remote role.
- You'll help establish the foundation for an early product, supporting the financial relationships between Contractors, Homeowners, and Brick.
- You'll work with others and independently to build new product features from start to finish. For example, you might build a tool for our Contractors to create Estimates for their jobs.
- Shipping Quality User Interfaces — You enjoy building and maintaining quality user interfaces, using React and other Web technologies like HTML and CSS.
- Familiarity with the Backend — You understand how parts of a system fit together and can jump into the backend for most functionality as part of shipping a full product feature. Experience with Typescript & Node.js would be a plus.
- Patterns & Engineering Collaboration — You have experience working in a growing engineering team and have patterns and practices to share as we form our team collaboration styles.
- Problem Solving & Organization of Mind — You seek to work through problems with a clear understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, independently or with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
- Empathetic Communication — You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and orient your perspective on curiosity and inclusion.
- Not Ideological about Technology — To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You might form opinions, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
- You can help design user experiences as part of the conception of new product features (e.g., in Figma).
- If you've experienced the technical challenges of building in an early stage startup, that's a plus.