- Build and maintain developer SDKs that highlight best practices and useful techniques, including careful and thoughtful documentation and examples
- Write and drive adoption of open-source tooling, samples applications, prototypes and code samples
- Create technical content, tools, resources and any other materials required to clearly articulate the value of our platform to developers
- Participate in developer discussion forums and support channels to answer technical and non-technical questions related to Dwolla products
- Advise product engineering teams on design of external APIs
- Investigate the experiences of developers as they use the Dwolla platform to identify pain points and improve the developer experiences from initial engagement to implementation and further stages
- Fix API-related issues reported by developers
- Understand customer and developer trends, document and report observations to the management team in order to better improve our products
- Work with Product and Engineering teams on behalf of developers to improve the Dwolla platform
- BA in Information Systems, Computer Science (or related field), graduation from an established code school or equivalent career experience
- Experience working with web technologies and APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Developer Relations (or other customer-facing roles)
- Experience with participating in an Agile-team environment (scrum sessions and daily stand-ups are our norm)
- Excitement to work on a remote-first team
- A desire to challenge and change the status quo
We believe our success is directly related to providing a positive, inclusive culture that leads to great customer experiences.
We’re a hard-working team who believes that we are never done. We value our most precious resource - the team of amazing humans that makes this all happen (currently just over 100 Dwollans on the team, and growing!).
When you join the Dwolla team, you get these great perks: ⭐ Remote-first work environment (our employees can work from anywhere in the US or from our Des Moines office) ❗❗**Please note: While we support a remote-first work environment, we are currently only able to offer employment or sponsorship to candidates who live in the United States**
⭐ Remote-first home office stipend (and paid parking for our office-loving employees)
⭐ Stock options
⭐ 401k (with 4% company match)
⭐ Unlimited Paid Time Off (with a mandatory PTO minimum of 5 days every 4 months)
⭐ 12 weeks paid parental leave
⭐ Medical, dental and vision insurance (Health plan options include a free Peloton membership)
⭐ Long-term disability insurance
⭐ Life insurance
⭐ Flexible Spending Account
⭐ Dedication to supporting mental health via paid subscription to Headspace
⭐ Casual dress
But wait… what does Dwolla actually do? Dwolla was founded in 2008 on the simple idea that moving money should be affordable, easy and fast.
Today, businesses are using Dwolla to facilitate the movement of billions of dollars with a flexible, reliable and easy-to-use payments platform.
Our vision is a world that can move money simply and securely.
Dwolla is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the Midwest and has been recognized nationally by Fast Company as one of the ‘world’s most innovative companies’ and Inc 5000s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America.
Joining the Dwolla team means you will be entering a unique, open, inclusive and fast-paced working environment.
Some Fine Print At Dwolla, we value diversity and hold the core belief that the best teams are built by the inclusion of diverse ideas, experiences, and people.
If you require a reasonable accommodation or assistance for any part of the interview and employment process, please contact Katie Spellman (Talent Recruiter) at [Register to View] and let us know the nature of your request.
If offered this position, you will be asked to complete an employment and credit verification authorization form (which allows us to run a background check) as part of our employment process.