- Work on and decide the direction of critical infrastructure, core pollsters tools, data pipelines and new product offerings.
- Focus on building shipping features to our clients and customers (pollsters) at a regular cadence.
- Be empowered to own the entire lifecycle of a project, from helping define the initial product definition, scoping releases and milestones, engineering, to finally testing and deployment and future vision setting.
- Try new things and not be afraid to fail; be able to re-adjust quickly based on new findings without burning too much resources.
- Challenge the assumptions of our tools to find ways to make our polling even faster and more efficient.
- Build new data products that DC has never seen before.
- Be the evangelist for your features and spread adoption.
- Do your best to treat your teammates and co-workers with kindness and respect.
- Document and train the cross-functional team on how to best use the software you’ve built to get more done.
- 1-3 years of hands-on software engineering experience, the majority of which in building full-stack web applications. Less time may be considered in certain circumstances.
- Some experience or eagerness to learn our tech stack:
- Docker and container orchestration
- GCP / BigQuery / Cloud Run
- React/NextJs and Streamlit
- Some experience or interest in Data Engineering, Facebook Ads, and DevOps (e.g. code deployment, infrastructure management, secrets management, etc.)
- Willingness to work with and help retire legacy code in AWS, MySQL and AirFlow.
- Comfortable working directly with data scientists, pollsters, and other cross-functional teammates, flexible with the ability to work with a variety of personalities and types of work
- Enthusiastic, professional, and kind
- Startup-minded: you plug holes, get things done, feel comfortable pushing to define products, and think of ways to improve systems
- When designing systems and writing code, you bias towards simplicity, usability, and readability over complexity.
- Excited to be part of a team committed to making a difference in our country’s political climate
This full-time, remote position pays an annual salary of $100,000-$120,000. It includes annual salary, equity, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter benefits, flexible PTO, and company holidays.
Our workplace is both casual and professional, and we are committed to learning, fun, and excellence. Everyone on our team works hard and is committed to the work we are doing, but we are flexible on the details of how, when, and where you work. The largest number of team members are located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, DC. You must be authorized to work in the United States.