Software Engineer 4
Asurion’s product development teams are focused on helping people love and get the most from technology. We’re a strong team of product-oriented developers, therefore we don’t just write code - we measure the impact we have on users and use it to guide our next action. We value full-stack engineers, but we understand that people will naturally have varying strengths across the stack. Using cutting edge technology combined with great methodologies around continuous integration & deployment, code is pushed to production every day. Supporting about 280 million customers means we face some fascinating challenges around scale, user experience and quality.
Asurion believes strongly in close collaboration between engineering, product, design, and data teams to build products and services that customers want and meet their needs. The best candidates will embrace that culture of cross-team collaboration and demonstrate it at their level. The role requires a forward-thinking engineer who, by nature, loves technology and loves working closely with people – and will help us adapt and evolve as technology and customer needs constantly change.
Learn more about our culture at: [Register to View]
Learn more about our product at: [Register to View]
As an Engineering Lead, here’s what you can expect to do:
- Guide a team of 3-5 engineers focused on utilizing lean startup techniques to build world class products
- As part of a cross-functional team, engineer solutions across our technology stack, including: web, mobile, back-end, deployment pipelines, and infrastructure.
- Have 1 on 1’s, coach, and develop a team of software engineers of varying experience levels
- Partner with product management and design peers to take advantage of new technologies and incorporate a whole-team approach to product development
Our tech stack:
Here's what you'll bring to the team:
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- 5+ years of experience as a full-stack engineer building high-scale customer facing products
- At least 1 year of experience managing a team of engineers - including hiring, career development, and coaching
- Experience building web apps, mobile apps, or cloud hosted services using modern technologies
- Experience utilizing lean and agile methodologies to ship code on a daily basis