We’re looking for several full-stack developers for our growing development team.
Vendorful is written primarily in Elixir and React.js and leverages Elixir’s strong support for real-time interactions. We are dealing with human-driven rather than machine-generated data so scaling challenges are more around optimizing database queries than managing zillions of data points. Given the markets and people we serve, optimizing for usability and making sense of the data that we do collect are of paramount importance.
While we want to add full-stack developers to our team, we should be clear that we don’t expect you to be equally good at backend and frontend code, but strong enough that you can deliver new features and squash bugs. We are far more interested in hiring strong, creative, and enthusiastic developers rather than finding people who check a bunch of boxes. So if there is a language, framework, or other piece of technology in our stack that you don’t know, but are keen to learn, that’s 100% okay with us!
To that end, our existing development team is not just super talented, but also super nice. They are all happy to answer questions, pair program, and spend time helping you ramp up on our code base and any of the technologies that we leverage that are new to you. While our founders reside in New York City and our development team is primarily in Lexington, KY, that’s entirely coincidental. You can work from your current location or anywhere around the world.Requirements
- Experience with frontend and backend web development
- Knowledge of SQL in the relational database of your choice
- Ability to write clean software
- Willingess to use TDD principles
- Experience with version-control software
Nice To Haves
- Mobile development experience
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Education: Any. We are equally happy to hire autodidacts as we are Ivy Leaguers.
- Experience: Full stack web development. Any combination of “on your own,” “in school,” and “professionally” will do.
- Flexible hours
- Flexible location (have laptop, will travel)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual vacation stipend
- Fitness fund
- Commuter benefit
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Anywhere! If you happen to live in or around New York City we can provide a desk in an office (subject to COVID developments - currently we are entirely remote with no firm timeline for returning our local NYC team to an office) but it is absolutely not required. We are a remote-first company and are completely comfortable collaborating in-person or virtually.