Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We’re seeking a software engineer to help Pinterest build and lead the next generation of stream processing platform and infrastructure. You’ll be working on some of the most exciting big data open source technologies (Flink, Kafka, RocksDB, and more), at the scale of tens of millions of messages per second with terabytes of data to help Pinners discover and do what they love.
What you’ll do:
- Build and definite stream processing stack for Pinterest , influence industry peers and open source community
- Operate and automate hundreds of large scale stream processing applications including missing critical backbone applications
- Build a self-service platform and API abstraction that make our offering really easy to use and fast to onboard.
- Contribute to the team’s technical vision and long-term roadmap
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of building scalable infrastructure to support data processing to process petabytes of data
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Java, Scala, Python)
- Exposure to one or more open-source big data processing technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Flink, Samza, Storm etc.)
- Pluses: AWS experiences, internal knowledge or expertise of open source or related big data technologies
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.