Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing online advertising platforms and our continued success depends on rapidly scaling our core revenue-generating systems. Specifically, we need 10X the scale of our ad delivery, machine learning, and campaign management platforms, while enabling developers inside Pinterest and external advertisers/merchants to build and iterate rapidly on new features. We are looking for multiple staff engineers to initiate, design, and build the next-gen version of key infra components in our monetization ecosystem, such as designing a generic public-facing API platform that will be used by advertising and shopping partners, modernizing an e2e ML platform serving over hundreds of use cases making billions of predictions per second, and redesigning our indexing & shopping feed ingestion systems to become one of the leading platforms for e-commerce ads in the world. These roles are exciting, because you will be able to lean on your deep infra knowledge to redesign systems to handle much bigger scale, while also having the chance to work with very experienced engineers and cross-functional partners.
What you'll do:
- Build vision, system design, and develop features for Ads API and reporting systems which are leveraging real-time streaming, querying and batch processing systems using Flink, Druid, Spark, MySQL, Vitess and more.
- Re-architect core Ads indexing services/components to achieve greater scalability, freshness, performance, efficiency, and reliability, using data storage and information retrieval technologies such as TiDB and HNSW.
- Modernize the ML ecosystem for the entire Monetization org, replacing a hodgepodge of out-of-date ML models with a unified, modern, and privacy-first ML stack with Pytorch, Spark, Iceberg, and C++ based serving.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define problems and drive solutions.
- Work with a strong team of engineers and provide technical guidance and mentorship.
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience with distributed systems, transactional datastores, and systems programming.
- Extensive experience in building and owning critical user facing platforms and building large scale systems.
- Experience solving end-user problems and envisioning solutions to improve their productivity.
- Proficiency in Python, Java, or C++.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.