Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest is seeking a Software Engineer, Cloud Systems who will make a significant impact on one of the largest-scale, cloud-based infrastructures in the world. As a member of the Capacity Engineering and Cloud Architecture team, you will work in the areas of cloud architecture, infrastructure efficiency, and availability across the company.
This role is highly visible in a smaller team leading cloud systems engineering at massive scale. You will forge cutting-edge innovations in partnership with leaders in cloud infrastructure and architecture to create world-class performance and stability for 450M+ Pinterest users. You will build new and better standards and systems for 1000+ Pinterest software engineers.
What you’ll do:
- Design, development, testing, and delivery and support of AWS provisioning and disaster recovery tooling at Pinterest
- Work with Pinterest teams to ensure stability, performance and efficiency
- Improve and maintain OS/AMI pipelines and related tooling
- Find and pursue opportunities across Pinterest for higher efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Present and provide recommendations to leadership and engineering teams
What we’re looking for:
- Proficient in software development in languages such as Python, Java, and/or Go
- Experience building highly available distributed applications
- Experience working in large-scale cloud systems engineering
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code solutions like Terraform, Cloud formation or CDK
- Excellent skills in communicating complex issues
- Bonus points for experience in the following:
- Experience in networking, including global routing and load balancing experience
- Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, or Chef
- Familiarity with image provisioning tooling such as Packer
- Experience with log collection tools and analysis
- CDN implementation and optimization experience
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.