Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
The Pinterest Infrastructure Engineering organization builds, scales, and evolves the systems which the rest of Pinterest Engineering uses to deliver inspiration to the world. This includes source code management, continuous integration, artifact packaging, continuous deployment, service traffic management, service registration and discovery, as well as holistic observability and the underlying compute runtime and container orchestration. A collection of platforms and capabilities which accelerate development velocity while protecting Pinterest’s production availability for one of the world’s largest public cloud workloads.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, and operate large scale, distributed systems and networks
- Work with Engineering customers to understand new requirements and address them in a scalable and efficient manner
- Actively work to improve the developer process and experience in all phases from coding to operation
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of industry software engineering experience
- Experience building & operating large scale distributed systems and/or networks
- Experience in Python, Java, C++, or Go or another language and a willingness to learn
- Bonus: Experience deploying and operating large scale workloads on a public cloud footprint
Available Hiring Teams: Continuous Delivery Platform (Infra Eng), Code & Language Runtime (Infra Eng), Traffic (Infra Eng), Cloud Systems (Infra Eng), Online Systems (Data Eng), Key Value Systems (Data Eng), Real Time Analytics (Data Eng), Storage & Caching (Data Eng), ML Serving Platform (Data Eng)
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.