Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
The Big Data & Analytics team at Pinterest is responsible for end to end big data infrastructure, data warehousing & business intelligence solutions that powers the rest of the business. The team owns both the critical data infrastructures from log ingestion, batch & stream processing, big data query & workflow systems, and also the data processing & ETL pipelines for data warehousing and business intelligence.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll have the opportunity to build the infrastructure platforms or the data processing pipelines that powers Pinterest’s critical business needs.
- Building or using the cutting edge big data technologies such as Hadoop/Spark/Flink/Kafka/Airflow/Presto.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of industry experience in big data infrastructure or data warehouse engineering/business intelligence.
- Passionate about working with data at hundreds of petabytes scale.
- Solid experience in one of the languages in Java/Scala/Python.
- Nice to have:
- Publications at conferences.
- Expertise with either big data infrastructure (e.g. Hadoop/Spark/Flink/Kafka/Airflow/Presto) or with using big data technologies for data processing, ETL, reporting.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.