Michigan Medicine is home to 20+ Collaborative Quality Initiatives (CQIs) - coordinating centers which seek to address some of the most common, complex, and costly areas of surgical and medical care [Register to View]
With funding from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM), CQIs work collaboratively with health care providers throughout Michigan to collect data in a centralized registry. The data are analyzed and shared to identify processes and changes that will lead to improved delivery of care and outcomes, and guide quality improvement interventions.
Each CQI is composed of a team of professionals whose core values include: teamwork, flexibility, responsiveness, continuous improvement, and attention to detail.
The person in this position will work closely with the program directors, program managers, and staff of:
- the Michigan Collaborative for Type 2 Diabetes CQI (MCT2D, https://www.mct2d.org),
- the Michigan Kidney Improvement Collaborative CQI (MKIC, https://kidneyquality.org), and
- the Healthy Behavior Optimization for Michigan CQI (HBOM, http://hbomich.org)
to increase the visibility of each CQI's work and achievements in creative and engaging but concise and straightforward ways.
The person in this position will do this by building a variety of web-based systems (websites, webpages, web apps, cloud-based applications and databases, APIs, etc.) from scratch and/or by using a combination of off-the-shelf technology in order to convey complex information to patients, their families, and their support networks, and to physicians, nurses, specialists, support personnel, and hospital administrators across the State of Michigan.
The complete list of stakeholders for this position are: each CQI's program directors, program managers, and staff; patients and their families and support networks; and physicians, nurses, specialists, support personnel, and hospital administrators.
This position reports to the Clinical Informatics Design Lead for MCT2D, MKIC, and HBOM.
This position is a 2 year term limited position with the possiblity of extension.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Provide technical expertise and vision on a wide range of technical projects.
- Take ownership of the technical design process while working with our stakeholders.
- Have the patience, flexibility, communication, and leadership skills to lead the ideation, design, multiple revision, and production process in order to produce pragmatic technology that balances the needs and demands of our stakeholders, time, our budget, the features and limitations of each technical medium, and human use.
- Be an active voice regarding technology strategy, user-centered design, equity in design, and accessibility.
Collaboration and Communication (30%)
- Collaborate with our program directors regarding the realm of possibilities and the design of technical solutions that meet the needs of the CQIs.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Informatics Strategist, the Clinical Informatics Design Lead, the Multimedia Designer, and our stakeholders to implement those solutions.
- Pitch multiple options for the design direction for projects.
Core Duties (60%)
- Use the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to translate design requirements and wireframes into:
- New web-based applications and supporting back-end systems using high quality code and/or off-the-shelf solutions,
- Enhancements to existing applications,
- complex WordPress-based applications using paid plugins and themes, and custom programming and functionality.
- Work with APIs and other data sources to integrate systems.
- Evaluate and implement third party solutions and commercial packages.
- Administer, manage, and maintain server, hosting, and application services.
Other Duties as Assigned (5%)
Required Qualifications - Senior
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, software development or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of professional experience with most of the following technologies:
- Third party APIs,
- Relational databases,
- Trello or similar software,
- Hosting and web server administration,
- Google Suite,
- Open source software,
- Secure coding, including designing secure systems to handle sensitive data.
A Senior web developer will also have at least 3 years of professional experience in most of the following areas:
- Front-end framework development using one or more of the following: Django, Bootstrap, Angular, React, jQuery, etc.
- Cloud-based database creation and maintenance using one or more of the following: Zoho Creator, Caspio, Quickbase, Airtable, Salesforce, etc.
- User authentication usage and integration using SSO and OAuth.
- Building and maintaining large/complex institutional applications.
- At least 3 years of experience with:
- Ruby on Rails.
- AWS cloud services,
- Mobile app development,
- The Python library pandas,
- Non-relational databases
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the [Register to View] website or the [Register to View] and [Register to View] websites.
JOB OPENING ID
Web Designer SeniorJOB TITLE
Web Designer SeniorWORK LOCATION
Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Ann Arbor, MIFULL/PART TIME
MM PopHealth&ChronicDiseaseCQIPOSTING BEGIN/END DATE
1/07/2022 - 1/21/2022