Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We’re looking for a talented Manager experienced in Product Internationalization and international QA to manage a team of 3 Internationalization Program Managers, and help Pinterest achieve our full global potential. You will report to the Internationalization Lead, and work closely with our International Program Management, Product, Engineering, Writing and local teams. Your work will be critical to the internationalization of our product and to shape the experience of millions of Pinners around the globe.
This position is in our San Francisco office.
What you’ll do:
- Make Pinterest a global product by managing a team of 3 Internationalization Program Managers and Localization Service Providers, and by leading product localization planning and execution for 37+ languages.
- Drive localization for large scale projects in all platforms (iOS, Android, Web) by partnering and working closely with the Product, Engineering, and Design teams.
- Collect business and systems requirements from internal customers, write project plans, define team’s OKRs, and drive project schedules from development commit to release.
- Communicate roadmaps, progress, risks and change control to senior management and internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- Evangelize localization best practices to different teams including engineering, design, product, marketing, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in localization program management.
- BA/BS in Linguistics, Information Technology, Business Administration, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to build and deepen relationships cross-functionally, manage stakeholder expectations and influence employees across all levels of the company.
- Experience analyzing data sets, defining metrics and creating dashboards that can be used to make business decisions.
- Experience with managing a small team.
- Knowledge of a second (or third!) language.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.