Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest delivers global inspiration to hundreds of millions of users by leveraging a robust set of development and monitoring platforms, scalable compute infrastructure, alongside a heterogeneous CDN strategy. As Head of Cloud Platform you will oversee the multiple engineering functions that deliver these incredibly important capabilities.
The right candidate for this role will have experience working with internal stakeholders to define and execute against a product roadmap to deliver platforms which meet the complex needs of a scaling engineering organization.
What you will do:
- Lead the engineering teams who develop the internal platforms which empower Pinterest engineers to code, build, deploy, and manage all Pinterest production services at web scale
- Work with internal Pinterest stakeholders and TPMs to develop an infrastructure platform roadmap which balances the needs of the stakeholders, available staffing, and the priorities for the business
- Grow the organization by landing key talent and mentoring existing team members
- Engage with industry leaders in the infrastructure platform space to share best practices and apply new strategies
What we're looking for:
- Strong experience with platform development, both integrating or extending multiple solutions to deliver a intuitive and comprehensive set of service infrastructure management capabilities
- High-level understanding of cloud computing and multi-tenant infrastructure architectures
- Ability to develop solutions which enable running infrastructure at web scale
- Foundational knowledge of modern infrastructure management and associated technologies (CI/CD, service mesh, container orchestration, *nix operating systems, etc.)
- Strong team management experience, with a track record of continually improving organizational health and growing engineering leaders
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.