Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
You will lead a data science ML engineering organization that is responsible for data driven insights and ML solutions that aim to optimize the Ads marketplace at Pinterest spanning the both advertiser life-cycle and ads delivery funnel. Using your strong analytical skill sets, thorough understanding of machine learning, online auctions and experience in managing large engineering organizations you’ll advance the state of the art in ML and auction theory while at the same time unlocking Pinterest’s monetization potential. In short, this is a unique position, where you’ll get the freedom to work across the organization to bring together pinners, content creators and advertisers in this unique marketplace.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a large organization of ML engineers, data scientists and economists responsible for data drive insights and ML solutions that power the monetization efforts at Pinterest
- Provide technical and organizational leadership to grow the organization in alignment with the business needs
- Manage and grow managers of managers and principal ML experts
- Collaborate with engineering and product leadership to define and execute the Monetization vision for Pinterest
- Build strong and effective XFN collaborations across the company with Sales, BizOps, Data eng and Core
What we’re looking for:
- MSc. or Ph.D. degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
- 12+ years of relevant industry experience
- 8+ years of management experience
- XFN collaborator and a strong communicator
- Bridge builder who drives alignment across the engineering and product organization at Pinterest
- Hands-on experience building large-scale ML systems and/or Ads domain knowledge
- Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical models
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.