- Product Owner: function as the in-house expert on all aspects the existing My Bindle app, including our backlog/wish list for future dev
- Screen Design: work with our design team to make the app pixel-perfect on all screen sizes and operating systems
- UX Optimization: evaluate the usability of all the major user journeys in the app, with a user-centric mindset, to ensure our end users can do what they need in the most efficient and easy way
- Detailed Specifications: for each new feature release, ensure that the software requirements are clearly documented, so that our developers can turn high quality code quickly and efficiently
- User Feedback: listen to our end users to identify gaps and flaws in the product, identify the issues and urgency, and work with design and engineering to ship a constantly improving experience
- Issues Tracking: gather and manage all open tickets related the the app, and track the delivery of those issues into future versions of the app
- QA Testing: participate in testing efforts for each new software release to affirm that the product is functioning correctly, and represents the high quality product that we are committed to bringing to market every day
Characteristics of a successful candidate
- Experience in software design or software engineering; preferably committed to a career as a software product designer
- User centric: empathy for the needs and psychology of our end user. What makes them angry? What outcomes do they need, and how much are we asking of them? What do they need to see or hear from us? How can we help them?
- Attention to detail: is obsessive about being pixel perfect and choosing the right word. Great products need compulsive product owners that are always striving for perfection
- Followthrough: makes sure that every task reaches a suitable conclusion. Works with teammates to drive outcomes and progress
- Eagerness to learn: demonstrates constant curiosity for new technologies, new tools, new ways of working.
- Self-starter: approaches work with sleeves rolled up and ready to get into the weeds. Asks questions, tests assumptions and seeks ways to contribute and add value Initiative: Doesn’t need to be managed and coached to achieve outcomes. Steps into the gap to do whatever is needed
- Readiness to pivot: prepared to shift and adapt to a business environment that is constantly shifting.
At Bindle, we ultimately want to hire people who demonstrate kindness, positivity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.