Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We’re on the lookout for a Content Designer (Contract) to join the Pinterest Content Design team. As a Content Designer, you’re an advocate for Pinterest user experience, working to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text and communications that help users complete the task at hand and write product copy in the Pinterest voice. You help set the vision for content and drive product narratives across Pinterest’s tools. You use language to design intuitive, delightful product experiences that make the Pinterest experience better. You’re strategic and understand how to use content design to define product vision and narratives across multiple platforms. And as a writer, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates your gift for simplifying and improving user experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Craft, write, edit, test and improve the content that makes our product easier to use. This includes product flows, UI language, in-product education, product naming and navigation design.
- Use empathy, logic and data to inform content choices. Conduct audits, identify patterns, and lead brainstorming sessions to design the best content experiences.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, marketing and business stakeholders to establish conversational, cohesive language with a unified voice.
- Become an expert in your product and user group. Tune in to research to learn about what your audience truly needs. Bring human voices into problem statements and product UI. Use deep product knowledge to inform marketing materials.
- Actively participate in XFN design critiques, offering a content design perspective to teams without a dedicated content designer.
- Partner with UX research. Help them formulate questions and decide on research topics, sit in on research sessions, ask additional questions of advertisers during sessions, and use the resultant research findings to inform next steps.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Creative Writing, Screenwriting, English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience in user-focused product writing, ideally work in hardware, software, digital agency or other relevant product area. Experience writing for a business audience is a plus, but not required.
- A portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity and proven experience in content writing, telling stories and UX writing.
More about contract roles at Pinterest:
- This is a temporary contract position at Pinterest. As such, the contractor who fills this role will be employed either by our staffing partner (PRO Unlimited) or by an agency supplier partner, and not an employee of Pinterest.
- All interviews will be scheduled and/or conducted by the Pinterest assignment manager. When a finalist has been selected, PRO Unlimited or the agency supplier partner will extend the offer and provide assignment details including duration, benefits options and onboarding details.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.