Instructional Designer (Contractor)
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We are looking for an Instructional Designer (contract) to join the Business Marketing organization at Pinterest. This position is responsible for the design and development of engaging, learner-centered training courses, modules, and materials for advertisers, with a focus on agencies and small businesses. Candidates should have experience with authoring and design tools, as well as learning management systems, as this person will be responsible for curriculum development and the design of eLearning materials and our Learning Management System landing pages. Design work should follow Pinterest brand guidelines and standards where applicable. This person will interact cross-functionally with key stakeholders in product marketing, sales, learning & development, and IT.
This position will serve as a thought partner and subject matter expert within the audience marketing team, driving tremendous impact alongside a small and scrappy team.
What we’re looking for:
- Create training content that takes complex topics and turn them into engaging, digestible course materials within Articulate Rise, our Learning Management System (LMS)
- Create knowledge checks / assessments based on course content
- Design our LMS landing pages to be captivating, engaging, and on-brand
- Partner closely with teams across the company to help design and develop course content to help businesses and agencies advertise on Pinterest
What you'll do:
- 4+ years of Instructional Design experience; Knowledge of adult learning principles and techniques
- Must have experience with e-learning development tools including Articulate Rise 360 and Storyline, Adobe Captivate, and have experience working within a LMS
- Demonstrated experience developing self-paced eLearning curriculums, storyboards, online tutorials, assessments and other materials
- Experience in graphic design and general design work in areas including but not limited to: visualizing data (making charts / graphs), deck design, creating illustrations, GIFs, etc
- Experience working at a marketing agency, digital / social media organization, and / or have extensive ad tech knowledge
- Ability to get up to speed on our product offerings and tools quickly
- Solid project management skills including, planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, working with stakeholders, and navigating ambiguity to deliver results
- Experience in multimedia development in audio, video, and/or animation (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Vyond)
- Experience with emerging tech trends for content creation (e.g. gamification, virtual reality, xAPI)
- Experience with technical environments like front-end development
More about contract roles at Pinterest:
- This is a temporary contract position at Pinterest. As such, the contractor who fills this role will be employed either by our staffing partner (PRO Unlimited) or by an agency supplier partner, and not an employee of Pinterest.
- All interviews will be scheduled and/or conducted by the Pinterest assignment manager. When a finalist has been selected, PRO Unlimited or the agency supplier partner will extend the offer and provide assignment details including duration, benefits options and onboarding details.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.