Principal Visual Designer, Design Foundations
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We’re looking for passionate Product Designers to help us define how people interact with Pinterest who have a passion for crafting intuitive, consistent, and delightful experiences. You’ll create beautiful and inspiring design experiences for the Pinterest ecosystem of Pinners, businesses, and creators. You should be an excellent communicator, self-starter, and collaborative enthusiast. You should have a knack for visual details as much as holistic systems thinking.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and contribute to future platform enhancements and the evolution of Pinterest’s visual design system (components and patterns), iconography and overall visual language.
- Collaborate directly with leaders within the Design organization, while spearheading visual design efforts across the product.
- Care deeply about all the details, even the small stuff (such as alignment, spacing color and hierarchy).
- Focus on user feedback to better understand the relationship between visual design and the platform’s interactions.
- Deeply inspire others to uplift their craft and attention to detail.
- Bring an open mind and positive charisma with a desire to collaborate and continue learning.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across multiple teams: Partner with Engineering to verify design implementations are to spec. Work closely with Product Managers across the organization by leading ongoing and future visual design needs, as well as by discovering new opportunities to drive the product forward.
- Serve as the bridge between Product Design and Brand Marketing.
- Present updates on an ongoing basis to key Pinterest leaders.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of industry experience in UX Design, centered around intuitive and elegant visual design solutions.
- Ability to think broad and zoom into the smallest details.
- Capacity to provide strategic vision (towards the business goals) and executional output (towards the designs).
- Versed in information architecture, user interfaces, interaction design and brand management.
- Master handling of tools and applications such as Figma/FigJam, Photoshop and Illustrator (to name a few).
- Ability to prototype is not a must but it would be ideal.
- Portfolio demonstrating deep experience in visual design.
- Our PinFlex future of work philosophy requires this role to visit a Pinterest office for collaboration approximately 1x per quarter. For employees not located within a commutable distance from this in-office touchpoint, Pinterest will cover T&E.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.