Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
What you’ll do:
- Create elegant solutions to complex problems through iteration.
- Design products—systematically, interactively, visually—in the pixels.
- Collaborate with engineering, product management, and research to design impactful, user-centric and metrics-driven solutions.
- Own the user experience of products end-to-end, from understanding user insights to designing through phases of kick off, ideation, refinement, handoff and launch.
- Partner with engineering throughout implementation and QA.
- Contribute to building Pinterest design culture by participating in critiques, hosting working sessions, and growing our design system.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years industry experience designing digital products.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates outstanding design skills and a passion for experimentation — prototyping is a plus.
- Ability to design and iterate based off of qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Great communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions and the problems they’re solving.
- Ability to work within and extend a design system.
- Team player with strong collaboration skills.
- High level of self-awareness with a growth mindset.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.