This job is archived
At Vercel, we are building an open-source developer tools platform that enables developers to build and iterate on the web without sinking time and money into DevOps. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team and we want to shape the future of the web by making cloud computing accessible to everyone. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
- We are goal-driven and dedicated
- We use our own tools every day
- We thrive together with our community
- We are customer-obsessed
- We believe in people's ability to grow
About the Role:
Vercel is looking for an experienced Staff Product Designer to join our Product Design team. In this role, you'll work across the product, leading design projects, designing thoughtful, system-based solutions. The Vercel Design Team is a group of talented designers who work to solve challenges that are unique, complex, and nuanced—just like the web.
Vercel is a platform that enables frontend teams to do their best work. We combine the best developer experience with a focus on end-user performance, in an effort to ship remarkable products. Our products are built for developers, designers, and people they collaborate with, to get their inventions from brainstorm to execution.
Designers at Vercel have creative license, and that comes with the freedom to spawn entirely new projects that are design-driven. If you are a leader who gets excited about the possibility of digging deeper into opportunities that address customer needs, then this might be a fantastic role for you.
What You Will Do:
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals including mocks, illustrations, and animations.
- Work closely with engineers and other partners to ensure a high-quality implementation.
- Work closely with the Vercel Growth team, collaborating on visual designs that help communicate the value of the product.
- Set the creative quality bar for evolving design projects.
- Advocate for, and teach other designers and engineers about Vercel's approach to design thinking.
- Awareness of web design trends as well as curiosity and passion for new and innovative design ideas.
- Strong attention to design details. You care about the little things - such as font sizes, leading, and padding and know how to put on the extra coat of gloss to make a design really shine.
- You design for the future. We want someone that is ahead of the design curve and that knows how to design using the latest technology (animation, three-fiber, etc) to build truly immersive experiences.
- You actively have a pulse on digital design and where the web is heading. Curiosity is key.
- Cross-functional. Great at working across the company with varying stakeholders. Agency experience is ideal.
- Willingness to experiment and try new things.
- You should know your way around the Pen Tool and be comfortable with vector-based illustrating.
- Ideally a strong understanding of css/js. If not a coder, an understanding of what is possible with current capabilities in front-end technologies.
- You should be comfortable discussing your work and rationalizing your design decisions. You will have broad ownership of a variety of design projects, and should be able to run without a lot of direction.
Bonus If You Have:
- Animation experience
- Production code (React, Next.js)
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.