Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
This role is dedicated to improving the Android build. This includes driving a better understanding of the speed, innovating + implementing solutions to speed up the build, and finding solutions to prevent build speed regressions. Currently the majority of our focus is on build speed, as we see more success in that area there is opportunity to focus on stability.
What you’ll do:
- Create a better understanding of the android build speed for developers at Pinterest
- Analyze the build speed data and recommend the most promising improvements
- Implement improvements and analyze data to see if they are successful or learn if they aren’t successful
- Find way to detect build speed regressions on the per commit level
- Maintain and improve the Android build CI
- Provide miscellaneous support for the android build to be holistically successful
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working on android builds written in Gradle
- Gradle Enterprise experience
- Android development experience
- Experience with managing the CI builds for Android
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.