Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We are looking for inquisitive, well-rounded iOS engineers to join our Platform engineering teams. Working closely with product managers, designers, and backend engineers, you’ll play an important role in enabling the newest technologies and experiences. You will build robust frameworks & features. You will empower both developers and Pinners alike. You’ll have the opportunity to find creative solutions to thought-provoking problems. Even better, because we covet the kind of courageous thinking that’s required in order for big bets and smart risks to pay off, you’ll be invited to create and drive new initiatives, seeing them from inception through to technical design, implementation, and release.
What you’ll do:
- Support millions of users and enable colleagues by ensuring excellence in core pieces that are shared throughout the application
- Identify app-wide challenges, propose, test, and ship solutions
- Drive changes that improve the entire app such as modularization, implementing image/video loading, RTL text, dependency injection, and reusable UI components
- Enable developers to work more effectively by improving app architecture, testing capabilities and release cycles
- Solve hard-to-see user pain points that often affect the entire app such as performance, monitoring crash rates and solving user metric anomalies
- Grow as a developer by working with world-class peers on varied and high impact projects
What we’re looking for:
- Deep understanding of iOS development and best practices in Objective C and/or Swift, e.g. xCode, app states, memory management, etc
- 2+ years of industry iOS application development experience, building consumer or business facing products
- Experience in following best practices in writing reliable and maintainable code that may be used by many other engineers
- Ability to keep up-to-date with new technologies to understand what should be incorporated
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
Platform iOS Engineering teams:
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.