Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We’re looking for an experienced iOS engineer to join the iOS Platform team in our App Foundations organization. Our team develops the technology ecosystem that enables an inspiring Pinner experience by establishing a high technical bar and driving innovation across our entire iOS app. We do this by driving high application stability, developing robust developer tools and charting the future of and standards for our iOS development. We are curious technical detectives, learners, guides and creatives committed to empowerment and the continuous improvement of our software, teams and approach.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively improve our core iOS software and processes to ensure high quality, reliability and maintainability.
- Lead integration and migration efforts with existing platform tools/services.
- Develop and improve frameworks and tools that iOS engineers across the company use to build compelling Pinner experiences.
- Identify and drive the adoption of best practices across our app to support critical business and technical priorities.
- Innovate at a high pace to support development at scale.
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of software engineering experience.
- Deep understanding of the iOS platform Objective-C and Swift and willing to work with both.
- Ability to work on ambiguous problems independently, navigating multiple areas of the codebase, to identify, implement and lead improvements.
- Thoughtful experience in writing reliable, maintainable and performant code that may be used by other engineers.
- You are a great teammate; you are flexible and ready to do what ‘s best for your customers (in this case, the customers are other teams at Pinterest).
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.