Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Within the Ads Quality team we try to connect the dots between the aspirations of pinners and the products offered by our partners. You are responsible for developing and executing a vision for the evolution of the machine learning technology stack within Ads Quality. You’ll work on tackling new challenges in machine learning and deep learning to advance the statistical models that power the ads relevance and delivery that bring together pinners and partners in this unique marketplace.
What you’ll do:
- Develop state-of-the-art machine learning models to predict ad engagement using DNNs, transfer learning, and multi-task learning
- Develop features and techniques to infer user interests and intent from online activity
- Design and run A/B tests to measure the improvements in an online setting
- Drive cross functional collaboration with peers and partners across the company to enhance the state of the art in deep learning and machine learning at Pinterest.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field
- Hands-on experience with building large-scale online machine learning and deep learning applications.
- Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods
- Cross-functional collaborator and strong communicator
- Preferred, but not required, background in computational advertising
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.