Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest is one of the fastest-growing online ad platforms and our success depends on mining rich user interest and intent data to connect Pinners with the most relevant advertisers. The Ads Intelligence team develops models, systems and features that help advertisers maximize the return on investment of ad campaigns on Pinterest, through recommendations, tools, and insights.
What you’ll do:
- Build and improve the systems for optimizing ad campaigns on Pinterest
- Understand the ad stack at Pinterest and build systems that help advertisers get the most out of their ad spend on the platform.
- Work with more junior engineers to mentor and grow the team
- Work on large scale data systems, backend services, and product integration
- Work with Product, Design, Infra, and Front End teams to bring your features to life
What we’re looking for:
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- 6+ years of experience working with large-scale distributed systems
- Strong industry experience working with large scale data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred, but not required, background in computational advertising.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.