Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing online ad platforms, and our success depends on building ads conversion machine learning models and automatic bidding to improve the conversions and GMV on Pinterest ads. We’re looking for a software engineer with experience in ads delivery, conversion optimization, machine learning, automatic bidding and pacing to develop new data-driven techniques to boost the delivery of conversion ads. You’ll be joining an early-stage fast-paced team that is growing quickly and laying the foundation for Pinterest’s business success.
What you’ll do:
- Design features and build large-scale machine learning models to improve conversion prediction
- Develop new techniques for inferring user interests from online activity
- Mine text, visual, user signals to better understand user intention
- Design new algorithm for doing conversion optimization at internet scale
- Work with product and sales teams to design and implement new ad products
- Design new automatic bidding and pacing algorithm for ads
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong industry experience in machine learning, information retrieval or automatic bidding
- Experience with ads pCTR (or pConv) prediction, bidding or pacing is a big plus
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.