Machine Learning Engineering Manager, Ads Engagement Modeling
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing online ad platforms, and our success depends on mining rich user interest data that helps us connect users with highly relevant advertisers/products. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager with experience in machine learning, data mining, and information retrieval to lead a team that develops new data-driven techniques to show the most engaging and relevant promoted content to the users. You’ll be leading a world-class ML team that is growing quickly and laying the foundation for Pinterest’s business success.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and grow the engineering team, providing technical vision and long-term roadmap
- Design features and build large-scale machine learning models to improve ads engagement prediction
- Effectively collaborate and partner with several cross functional teams to build the next generation of ads engagement models
- Mentor and grow ML engineers to allow them to become experts in modeling/engagement prediction
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field
- Industry experience building production machine learning systems at scale, data mining, search, recommendations, and/or natural language processing
- 1+ years of experience leading projects/ teams either as TL/ TLM/ EM
- Cross-functional collaborator and strong communicator
- Experience with ads domain is a big plus
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.