Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Within the Ads Quality team, we try to connect the dots between the aspirations of Pinners and the products offered by our partners. As a Machine Learning Engineer, you are responsible for developing and executing a vision for the evolution of the Pinterest marketplace. You’ll be responsible for designing and implementing systems that improve the ads delivery funnel, experiments that shape the utility function, auction, ad allocation and for deriving new insights through analysis of the marketplace dynamics. In short, this is a unique position, where you’ll get the freedom to work to bring together Pinners and partners in this unique marketplace.
What you’ll do:
- Build and improve backend systems and statistical models that underlay the marketplace to maximize value for Pinners, Partners and Pinterest
- Define and implement experiments to understand long term Marketplace effects
- Develop strategies to balance long and short term business objectives
- Drive multi-functional collaboration with peers and partners across the company to improve knowledge of marketplace design and operations
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field
- Strong software engineering and mathematical skills with knowledge of machine learning statistical methods
- Multi-functional collaborator and a strong communicator
- Hands-on experience with large-scale online e-commerce systems
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.