Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest’s Security team is seeking a Product Security Engineer to help keep our million users safe from real-world threats. You will build tooling, product enhancements, and work with teams to improve our overall security posture. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for security and innovation, who will research and develop new solutions to secure our products.
What you’ll do:
- Build out tools and product enhancements to better secure Pinterest users and data
- Code using primarily one of these languages: Python, Go, Java
- Work cross function to architect scalable and secure solutions to a variety of Pinterest’s problems
- Conduct regular security assessments including design reviews
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in product security or security related software engineering role
- Enthusiasm for the constant fight to ensure security and privacy
- Deep knowledge developing and debugging in Python, Go or Java
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.