Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest is seeking an experienced Security Engineer to drive corporate security initiatives and keep our employees and infrastructure safe from real-world threats. You will have the opportunity to solve challenging problems and provide a meaningful impact on our overall security posture. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for both security and innovation, while minimizing employee friction and maximizing productivity.
What you’ll do:
- Perform security assessments and enhance the posture of core corporate infrastructure and services
- Develop or implement tooling to detect and mitigate threats
- Harden our endpoints, services, and infrastructure against abuse and nefarious activity
- Interface with other teams, and take a leadership role in driving internal security initiatives
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security covering network, systems and/or application security
- Proficient in developing and building tools in Python, or a similar scripting language
- Knowledge of operating system internals (macOS, Linux). network and cloud fundamentals
- Exposure to digital forensics and incident response
- Enthusiasm and passion for security and staying abreast of new attacks and adversary TTPs
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.