Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We’re looking for a qualitative researcher who has worked on digital and mobile consumer experiences and specializes in actionable insights that drive impact on products. The ideal candidate is an experienced researcher who can lead, design, execute, and communicate impactful research on a deadline in a fast paced product development environment. We’re looking for someone who will lead and mentor junior researchers on our growing Growth Research team. Although this researcher will focus on using qualitative methods, the ideal candidate is someone who understands and has experience blending qualitative insights with learnings from quantitative research and product experimentation.
What you’ll do:
- Prioritize and conduct research that varies in approach, scale, scope, timeframe and methodologies across multiple work streams, making sure to work on the right project at the right time
- Select and communicate the appropriate method or mix of methods (ranging from usability testing, diary studies, semi-structured interviews, participatory workshops, and everything in between) to answer questions from both product teams and leadership
- Build strong relationships as a strategic partner with Product, Design, Engineering, Content Design, and Analytics to identify high impact work and ensure it lands within the organization
- Proactively communicate and share research findings with product teams, executives, and other audiences in compelling, actionable, and engaging ways
- Provide leadership at a technical (craft, methodology, operations) and domain (product, user, organizational) level, to junior researchers and XFN partners
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience designing and conducting end-to-end consumer product research (from initial design and recruitment through final deliverable) as part of cross-functional teams
- Ability to toggle between owning and executing end-to-end research and leveraging insights to shape strategy and influence decision making with senior leaders
- Curiosity, self-awareness, humility, and a drive for growth, learning, and sharing knowledge
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Mentorship / Management experience coupled with a passion for improving team and company culture
- Experience in growth and/or international research, a plus
- Familiarity with experimentation and quantitative data, a plus
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.