Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We’re looking for a qualitative researcher who has worked on digital and mobile consumer experiences and specializes in actionable insights that drive product impact. The ideal candidate is an experienced researcher who can lead, design, execute, and communicate impactful research in a fast paced product development environment. Although this researcher will focus on using qualitative methods, the ideal candidate is someone who understands and has experience blending qualitative insights with learnings from quantitative research and product experimentation.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct research that varies in approach, scale, scope, timeframe and methodologies across multiple work streams, making sure to work on the right project at the right time
- Select, communicate, and execute the appropriate method or mix of methods (ranging from usability testing, diary studies, semi-structured interviews, participatory workshops, and everything in between) to answer product team questions
- Build strong relationships as a strategic partner with Product, Design, Engineering, Content Design, and Analytics to identify high impact work and ensure it lands within the organization
- Proactively communicate and share research findings with product teams, executives, and other audiences in compelling, actionable, and engaging ways
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years experience designing and conducting end-to-end consumer product research (from initial design and recruitment through final deliverable) as part of cross-functional teams
- Experience with using a wide range of qualitative methods in an industry setting, such as semi-structured interviews, contextual inquiries, ethnography, usability studies, diary studies, and unmoderated remote studies
- Demonstrated ability to translate research findings into a narrative that impacts product decisions
- Curiosity, self-awareness, humility, and a drive for growth, learning, and sharing knowledge
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.