Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We’re looking for a strategic qualitative researcher who has worked on digital experiences and specializes in actionable insights that drive impact on products for businesses (advertisers and merchants). This position will be based out of our San Francisco office, embedded with cross-functional product and design teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced researcher who can lead, design, execute, and communicate impactful research on a deadline in a fast paced product development process and lead and mentor junior researchers on our growing Advertising Research team.
What you’ll do:
- Prioritize and conduct research that varies in approach, scale, scope, timeframe and methodologies across multiple work streams to work on the right project at the right time and ensure impact
- Build strong relationships as a strategic partner with Monetization Product, Design, Engineering, Writing, Analytics, Product Marketing & Sales teams at Pinterest to identify high impact work and ensure it lands within the organization
- Proactively communicate and share your research findings with team members, executives, and other audiences in compelling, actionable, and engaging ways
- Influence others through insights to shape how businesses use Pinterest, ranging from mobile and desktop tools, and including experiences for both new and existing businesses
- Provide leadership at a technical (craft, methodology, operations) and domain (product, user, organizational) level, to junior researchers and XFN partners
What we’re looking for:
- Five + years experience in end-end product research, from recruitment through final deliverable in complex product domains (eg: developer products, ads, business, fintech, etc.) ideally in advertising or merchant space
- Ability to toggle between owning and executing end-to-end research and leveraging insights to shape strategy and influence decision making with senior leaders
- Curiosity, self-awareness, humility, and a drive for growth, learning, and sharing knowledge
- Mentorship / Management experience coupled with a passion for improving the product, team culture, and Pinterest overall
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.