Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
As a Product Analyst you will shape the future of people-facing and business-facing products we build at Pinterest. You will combine your quantitative analysis and data mining skills with an inherent product intuition to produce insights that will drive product development. You will collaborate on a wide array of product and business problems with a diverse set of cross-functional partners across Product, Engineering, Design, Research, Data Science, Data Engineering and others. The results of your work will influence the team roadmap, identify actionable product opportunities, and drive key initiatives, turning your insights and analyses into real world products serving hundreds of millions of Pinners, creators, advertisers and merchants around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Influence and evolve our product roadmap to help us fulfill our mission - to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love - using data and exploratory analysis to understand user behavior and trends, and identify opportunities for product innovation
- Design and implement core metrics that serve as the north stars for team efforts and help design and evaluate A/B experiments that drive these metrics
- Help gather explicit signals about Pinner, Merchant, or Advertiser preferences and tastes using survey methodologies and statistical/modeling based approaches
- Work cross-functionally to build and communicate key insights, and collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, designers, and researchers to help build the next experiences on Pinterest
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience analyzing data in a fast-paced, data-driven environment with proven ability to apply scientific methods to solve real-world problems on web-scale data
- Ability to manipulate large data sets with high dimensionality and complexity; fluency in SQL (or other database languages) and a scripting language (Python or R)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain learnings to both technical and non-technical partners
- A scientifically rigorous approach to analysis and data, and a well-tuned sense of skepticism, attention to detail and commitment to high-quality, results-oriented output
- A team player who’s able to partner with cross-functional leadership to quickly turn insights into actions
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.