Welcome to y(our) FUTURE
Banking is a part of our everyday lives, but there is no brand we care about, and no brand that cares about us. The American dream is changing. We aspire to work wherever we want, whenever we want, and with whoever we want. And now we can.
Welcome to FUTUREBANK. We’ve built unparalleled services for anyone who hates their current bank or is one of the millions of American freelancers, entrepreneurs, solopreneurs, or small businesses who need help starting and operating their financial ecosystem.
Big banks are soulless corporations with antiquated tech who don’t understand the needs of actual human beings. Those banks charge people outrageous fees and penalties and have the worst customer service of all time. (You've definitely screamed "REPRESENTATIVE" into the phone more than once)
FUTUREBANK offers memberships with bundled services. Everything you use in your financial life, all in one place. Name a thing. Yeah, we do that. There are also no fees EVER, and on-demand domestic video-based customer service.
Our tiers of membership are focused on consumers, freelancers, and small businesses. Whether you're someone who is tired of getting taken advantage of by the big banks, a graphic designer who needs to invoice clients, a startup who needs help getting off the ground, or a nine-person company who needs payroll, tax and legal services, we do it all.
FUTUREBANK is seeking a AWS/Python Engineer to build the backend and middleware services. We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid of white space and can build from the ground up. If your ideal role is working on a greenfield project and leaving your mark then this is the role for you.
A successful AWS/Python Engineer will be part of a team reporting into the Head of Technology and will have a deep understanding of functional programming paradigms. We’re seeking someone who ideally knows AWS, Python and CloudFormation.
Some might say there are more important roles at FUTUREBANK. But we can’t. Building an easy to navigate platform that ensures our customers have the capability to get their needs met is paramount to our success. This role will help to build our brand-defining member experience.
About You: You get it
- You have 3+ years of experience building web technologies for dynamic, ever-changing business with a strong consumer or hospitality focus, ideally within a mission driven brand and distributed workforce. A tech forward or start-up environment = a gold star!
- You have experience working with Amazon Web Services, Python and CloudFormation, while still being familiar with best practices.
- You have the ability to demonstrate you are a critical thinker and thought leader in software development. Have proven ability to break down and execute on complex business-critical requirements.
- You have the ability to work independently and to be self-directing. You have a dedicated workspace within the home with a secure internet connection, free of distractions.
- You have a desire to work on a platform that is relentlessly customer focused.
- You have a strong desire to work at an early stage startup.
- You have a track record of taking ownership and showing initiative.
- You have a deep understanding of computer science within UNIX/Linux based systems.
- You acknowledge that building a user experience from the ground up will involve a flexible, untraditional schedule and include some nights, weekends and holidays.
- You enjoy a stimulating working environment and have a great sense of humor.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You can help get this rocketship to the moon.
- Hybrid (remote/in office) working schedule
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield health benefits (health, vision, dental, HSA, FSA options)
- One Medical Membership
- Pre-tax travel/transit and child care plans available
- Training and career development opportunities
FUTUREBANK is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
This is a career defining opportunity to help reimagine United States banking as we know it. While FUTUREBANK headquarters is based in New York City and we are building a tech group in Detroit, we’re a fully distributed workforce, so please apply regardless of your location. We offer tools, training, technology and compensation packages to engage and support our people in their happy places, wherever they are.